“Save & Give” Holiday Special Offer at Historic Inns of Savannah
We couldn’t be more excited about our 2016 Holiday Special Offer at Historic Inns of Savannah! Beginning November 25, all reservations made on our own websites for stays through December 25 at The Marshall House, East Bay Inn, Olde Harbour Inn, Eliza Thompson House, The Gastonian, and The Kehoe House will receive a 10% discount. Plus, a portion of your stay will be donated to America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia.
The idea originated with our Staff — the bellmen, guest service representatives, housekeepers, kitchen staff, concierges, and maintenance teams — who wanted to make a charitable contribution to the community this holiday season.
With the inaugural Holidays on Broughton festivities starting this weekend, it’s an exceptionally good time to enjoy a Savannah getaway, and give back to the community at the same time. To join us in the giving, book the Save & Give promotion for a stay with us between Nov 25 & Dec 25.
Things to Do in Savannah
Holidays on Broughton: Nov 25-Dec 17
Visitors to Broughton Street this holiday season will enjoy festive decorations, photos with Santa, musical performances, extended shopping hours and holiday shopping incentives. And, we’ve heard rumors that Santa is planning to stay at The Marshall House before his visit on Dec 3!
Saturday – November 25 – 5:00 p.m. – Tree Lighting and Santa!
Broughton Street officially welcomes the holiday season with the lighting off the 50-foot holiday tree adorned with glistening lights, led by Mayor Eddie DeLoach. There will be musical performances, the arrival of Santa, and more.
Friday, Nov. 25, 5 to 9 p.m., & Every Saturday through Dec.17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Photos with Santa
Capture your holiday tradition on Broughton Street with a photo with Santa, located underneath the holiday tree at the corner of Broughton and Bull Streets.
- Nov 19-Dec 25 – Punch & Judy Pop-Up
Punch & Judy, Savannah’s premier children’s boutique, will return to its original Broughton Street roots for a limited time during Holidays on Broughton. For more than 60 years, the family-owned children’s store has served as Savannah’s premier children’s boutique providing a wide array of quality products for infants and children alike. From a variety of colorful clothing and accessories, to an array of toys, a fantastic selection of gifts and more, Punch and Judy offers the perfect place to shop for the wee-people on your shopping list.
- Nov 25 – Dec 26 – Art Projections
Throughout “Holidays on Broughton,” bright, colorful and whimsical building projections will illuminate Broughton Street nightly from 6 to 9:30 p.m. In celebration of Savannah’s original Main Street, the range of classic and modern projections will feature high-tech and immersive projections from Broughton Street’s storied past.
- Musical Entertainment – Nov 25 5-10 pm; Saturday in December 3-6 pm
Taking stage at the intersection of Broughton and Bull Streets. Local Savannah musical groups – from the Savannah Country Day School jazz band and Calvary Day School, to the Tell Scarlet artists and the Clear Daze Band – will provide holiday entertainment to the visitors and shoppers at Broughton’s grand holiday tree.
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Here’s some information about Second Harvest, the need in our community, and the services they provide:
- 1 in 4 children in Coastal Georgia are at risk for hunger
- Each $1.00 donated provides 5 meals!
- 64% of children in Coastal Georgia go hungry every day
- 43% of the people served by Second Harvest choose between food and utilities
- 34% of the people served by Second Harvest choose between food and housing
Second Harvest Services:
- Brown Bag for the Elderly – each month volunteers pack 1862 grocery bags to supplement the diets of seniors in need
- Partner Market Place – the food bank is the warehouse and distribution center for more than 300 non-profit and faith-based agencies in Coastal Georgia
- Mobile Food Pantry – operates in rural communities where hunger relief is limited
- Kids Café & Summer Feeding – provides a hot meal in an after-school program along with tutoring, homework assistance, and a safe haven
We hope you will visit us during Savannah’s holiday festivities this year. Book direct with Historic Inns of Savannah so that your visit will also yield a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank!